Translation from Japanese
ALBA Translation Agency does both professional translation from Japanese into Russian and professional translation from Russian into Japanese. We can do high quality translation from Japanese of texts on different themes, meeting the set deadlines: legal, technical and medical texts, shipping documents (customs declarations, invoices, packing lists, bills of lading, etc.), as well as translation of websites.
Japanese is from the language family of the Japanese Archipelago and the Ryukyu Islands. The genetic affinity of Japanese with other language families have not yet been decisively established. According to some linguists, Japanese is a language of the Altaic language family. Japanese is spoken by about 130 million people, most of whom live in Japan. There is a great number of borrowings from other languages in the Japanese vocabulary (Chinese, Portuguese, Danish and English).
Interesting facts about Japan:
• The word karaoke translated from Japanese means “empty orchestra”, and the name of Mount Fujiyama means “steep mountain”.
• All Japanese words which do not end in a vowel end in the sound [n].
• The word “underground” in Japan is written with three hieroglyphs, the meanings of which is “bottom”, “ground” and “iron”.
• There are no such grammar categories in Japanese as verb conjugation, noun gender and articles, and the word order is absolutely free, and yet through it all, Japanese is considered to be one of the most difficult languages to learn.
• In the Japanese writing system, Chinese hieroglyphs (kanji) and two Japanese syllabaries, Hiragana and Katakana, each of which has 48 letters, coexist.
• Until the middle of the 20th century, there were no differences between the green colour and the blue colour in Japanese, and one and the same word aoi was used to denote them.